Ultra-quick reshoots cutting Kevin Spacey out of new film

Ultra-quick reshoots cutting Kevin Spacey out of new film

It was announced last night that Kevin Spacey has been removed from the upcoming finished film, All The Money In The World.

The movie is set to come out in threatres in a little over a month.

The movie - a thriller about the real life kidnapping of oil tycoon Jean Paul Getty's grandson - will replace Spacey's role as with Christopher Plummer.

Director Ridley Scott plans to meet the December 22 release date. It's not an entirely impossible task to redo his scenes, as much of the film focuses on Michelle Williams as Gail Harris and Mark Wahlberg as Fletcher Chase, Getty's assistant. That move resulted after a weekend of back and forth, with Scott and Friedkin in particular incensed that the sordid allegations against Spacey might doom a film that Scott dropped everything to direct, and on which so many people worked hard and did not deserve to see the results hobbled in the marketplace because of the taint of scandal.

Scott and Imperative Entertainment, which is financing the pic, made the decision Wednesday to cut Spacey, with Sony backing their decision.

According to Deadline, the cast and crew of the film agreed in a "unified front" that they should reshoot all of Spacey's scenes.

Apple Pay Cash launches in beta
The most-awaited peer-to-peer money transfer feature is been introduced in iOS 11.2 beta 2 right in the messages app. Now, beta users have begun to test out the service, which will roll out publicly with iOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.2.

Plummer is also closer to the correct age for the role. Plummer won an Oscar for his work on Beginners.

Kevin Spacey faces fresh allegations of inappropriate behavior.

Spacey was earlier removed from popular show "House of Cards".

The decision follows more sexual misconduct allegations against the Oscar-winner from a woman who says he touched her 18-year-old son in MA last year.

Broadway star Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of attempting to molest him when he was a teenager at a party in the 1980s. Unruh held a press conference, explaining her son was 18 years old when Spacey allegedly his genitals. "I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago", Spacey said in his statement.

Related Articles