Richardson police arrests mother of 3-year-old found dead

Richardson police arrests mother of 3-year-old found dead

The Richardson Police Department in Texas has arrested and charged Sini Mathews with "Abandoning or Endangering a Child" a charge that amounts to a State Jail Felony.

Sherin's body was found in a culvert near her home in Richardson County on October 22.

His statement was completely in contrast to what he had told the police earlier when he claimed he had sent Sherin outside, to an alley near their house, because she refused to drink milk.

Wesley told police he had been trying to get his daughter to drink milk but she kept refusing.

Officer Mike Wieczorek of the Richardson Police Department explained to India-West the delay in arresting Sini Mathews after Wesley Mathews' Oct. 23 revelations.

After detectives used receipts, eyewitnesses, and cell phone records to put the family at the restaurant, they determined his wife Sini willingly left their adopted daughter home alone that night, placing her in "imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment", according to the arrest affidavit.

The Richardson police allege that Sini left Sherin at home alone.

Bungie Announces Livestream for Destiny 2 - Expansion I: Curse of Osiris
The first of three Destiny 2 - Expansion I: Curse of Osiris livestreams will be broadcast at 11:00 am PST/ 2:00 pm EST/7 pm GMT. Players will dive into a Vex Reality Engine, a giant simulation that the Vex is using to find a specific object.

More than a month after toddler Sherin Mathews disappeared in Richardson and was later found dead both of her adoptive parents are in jail. Sherin's cause of death is still pending. The judge also formally set her bail at $250,000. He's a Dallas native and a graduate of the University of North Texas.

An arrest affidavit revealed that Mathews ordered Sherin Mathews to stand next to a tree near their home at 3 a.m.

Police arrested Mathews Thursday afternoon.

An arrest warrant affidavit obtained by WFAA Thursday details what happened the day before Sherin was reported missing.

The warrant for his wife was issued after investigators determined that the couple and their biological daughter went out to dinner on the night of October 6, leaving the toddler at home alone, police said Thursday. Her body was identified two days later. "It's not necessarily related to her death, it's related to her care that she was being given while she was in that home".

The child began to choke and a short time later she died, the father told police.

When they returned, Sherin, who police said had developmental issues and limited verbal communication skills, was still in the kitchen. The child was expected to be placed in the care of family in the Houston area following Monday's hearing.

Related Articles