Max Hospital baby blunder: 4 medical staff questioned

Max Hospital baby blunder: 4 medical staff questioned

On Thursday, a New Delhi mother gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl.

The boy is still in a critical condition in hospital, according Dr. Sandeep Gupta, from the Delhi New Born Centre where the baby is now receiving treatment.

Then, on Sunday evening, the two doctors involved were fired, though Max Healthcare noted that this was not an admission of guilt. "We ripped it open, found bits of plastic and the baby inside, breathing".

When the twins were brought to the burial ground, the parents just before performing the last rites realised that one of them showed movements inside the bag. "I was shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes", Praveen Malik, the twin's grandfather, told CNN.

The major misstep comes after doctors at another hospital in India found that a 52-year-old woman had been carrying an aborted baby in her abdomen for 15 years according to Life News Friday.

"In a statement issued, the Max Hospital authorities announced that they have", made a decision to terminate the services of the two treating doctors Dr. A.P. Mehta and Dr. Vishal Gupta in the case relating to the twin extreme pre-term babies".

Israel Attacks Iranian Base in Syria
The British broadcaster commissioned a series of satellite pictures that showed widespread construction at the site. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard and the Iranian authorities are yet to comment on the reports.

According to The Hindustran Times, the boy's father, Ashish Kumar, alleged the doctors who helped his wife deliver the babies requested Rs 50 lakh - about 75 cents in United States dollars - to keep the baby alive, and another Rs 35,000 - about $540 in USD - to sustain the chances of his wife's survival.

"We are shaken and concerned at this rare incident. We don't trust the doctors there", Malik said.

In June another Delhi hospital sent a "dead" newborn home in a sealed package, where his family discovered the infant was still alive. We have initiated a detailed enquiry, pending which, the concerned doctor has been asked to proceed on leave immediately.

On Saturday, Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Kumar Jain warned of cancelling the hospital's license, if it continued with the negligence.

Yesterday, the hospital authorities had said that an investigation into the issue was expected to conclude today.

Related Articles