Danny Boyle exits James Bond movie over 'creative differences'

Danny Boyle exits James Bond movie over 'creative differences'

The next 007 movie, now titled Bond 25, just lost its director, Danny Boyle.

Who had Boyle leaving Bond 25 before the guy who famously (if somewhat sarcastically) said that he'd rather "slash my wrists" than play James Bond again?

The as-yet-untitled film - due for release in the United Kingdom on October 25 next year - will be Craig's fifth outing as 007.

It's not the first time creative differences have been blamed for a director's departure from a major franchise recently, with Solo losing both Phil Lord and Christopher Miller mid-production past year.

Chelsea leave nervous Sarri craving a smoke
Asked if he sees Chelsea as potential title challengers, Sarri said candidly: "Not in this moment". In that 15 minutes we were not able to do this. "I enjoyed the match for 75 minutes".

The James Bond franchise is on the hunt for a director - again - as Danny Boyle has officially parted ways with the franchise. He'd revealed back in March that he was taking on the project and that a script was underway, but a brief joint statement by Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli, and Michael G. Wilson reveal that things have changed.

Danny Boyle will no longer direct the new James Bond film due to "creative differences". The most recent Bond movie, Spectre, was released in 2015. Mendes said after the most recent Bond movie that he would not continue directing films in the 007 series.

Boyle, who directed Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, and won the Best Director Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire, had been circling the project since February. Production at the legendary Pinewood Studios was slated to start in early December, but now Eon Productions needs to find a replacement director.

Boyle was set to work alongside Trainspotting writer John Hodge, who was to create an original screenplay.

Related Articles